Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sheer force of will

Fairly random list of things in my head today:

- Even though I still think that Wall Street is lame, and am still worried that we will have no shelter or insurance in a few months, I am less angry. Now I'm just anxious, but at least I can do something to address those worries.

- I rode my bike hard for an hour in the park (12 miles) and made a kickass dinner last evening, and it made me feel better. Pork chops with apples and pecans and polenta with goat cheese. I have to say, it was pretty awesome. The fact that my ass is killing me today (from the biking, not the pork chops) is, well, not as much of a good thing, but I will live with it.

- Even after feeling better about the world through the magic of exercise and tasty food, I still managed to have a huge meltdown about something stupid last night. It might have been freezer bags that set me off, or whose turn it was to feed the dog. All I know is that these BCPs are making me absolutely nutty, and I went through nearly half a roll of toilet paper blowing my nose while weeping. My husband is still asleep now -- I think he needs to recover.

Today -- I will try to be cheerful. I am going to will good cheer into being, and if I am lucky, I might even start to buy into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment