I am rolling out the welcome mat for ICLW, so here's a little bit of a summary of who I am and what's going on:
me: 39.5 years old (and that 0.5 is starting to make me anxious), NYC-living who has been TTC unsuccessfully since Sep 2008 with 45-yo lovely husband. Both of us check out 99.5% fine (ok, maybe some of the sperm are a little funny looking, but not a huge deal) so the fact that we can't make this work is super frustrating.
our IF history:
- try naturally for a while. No dice.
- try with clomid for several months. Nope.
- try again naturally for a bit after I get a full blood workup, and before we steel ourselves to begin IVF. Still nothing.
- do first IVF cycle in Nov-Dec 2009. Start with agonist (lup.ron) protocol, but get functional cyst, so stop cycle and wait. Then begin antagonist (ganir.elix) protocol. Retrieve 18 eggs, fertilize 17, and end up with 3 pretty good looking day-5 blastocysts. Transfer 1 and freeze 2. You guessed it: nada. Happy new year to us!
- wait for day 21 and begin lup,ron again for FET cycle, with transfer date of mid-Feb. (wrote most of this while waiting for u/s to ensure no new cyst. All clear!)
So there you have it. Just two older folks trying to breed... nothing much interesting going on.