Houston, we have a problem.
And that problem is a big ass functional cyst on my left ovary that is pumping out estrogen and delaying my period and generally fucking up this cycle.
The RE gave me two options:
- stay on lupron for another week and check it out, and see if we can start stims then
- cancel this cycle, wait for my god-forsaken period to arrive, and then start on cd2.
He frankly wasn't very confident that a cyst of this size (3.2 cm) would go away in a week, and I went over the calendar with the nurse and I will be in lovely Ohio for Thanksgiving during the week of ET with the revised schedule, so I've called it off.
So I am basically benched until this cyst goes away, and then I get to start all over again.
Questions to the peanut gallery:
- Have any of you had this happen? How long until the cyst resolves and you get your period?
- What have your RE's done to prevent this from occurring -- I'd prefer this not to be a repeated event.
Oh I am so frustrated I could explode. I can't DO anything except wait.