Monday, January 11, 2010

Heroic effort

I should get a gold star for today. Seriously, I am patting myself on the back. Because today I not only entered a toy store/children's clothing store, but I bought a gift and then took an hour-long subway ride to visit a friend's new baby.

So yeah, send that gold star my way any time now, because holding someone else's 7 week old baby? Yeah, that stung a bit.

And for extra special bonus points, the friend with the baby is the same one who had high FSH and was so worried that she couldn't get pregnant, and talked talked talked about it even though she had a 1-year old daughter. But apparently, one round of clo.mid and an IUI was all it took for baby number 2.

So why, when I have rock-star FSH levels am I visiting her and her two kids? What's going on with that?

Anyway, I hung out for a couple of hours and then high-tailed it to the gym. I would have loved a kickboxing class, but made do with the elliptical machine. No one seemed to mind my muttering under my breath about life not being fair; good thing everyone was wearing headphones.

I'm actually viewing the gym as a gift. Crazy, but I think I earned a good workout after this rather trying day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you see the gym as a prize to be earned! I like being active, but I don't like actually going to a gym. I need to though, badly. I just can't work out well enough at home.

    Anyway, I'm glad you made it through the visit with your friend and the new baby. It takes a lot of strength to be there for your friend, so you definitely deserve that gold star :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there. My friend asked me to buy her 2 year old a new dress for their family pictures 2 weeks after a failed IVF. I did it, but it was sooo hard. I am glad you rewarded yourself with a workout! Gold star, for sure!

    ReplyDelete